18 June 2007

Media - Mon and Tues

- I finally watched "Lie of the Land" by Molly Dineen tonight. It's probably the first time that I've been grateful for digital TV repeats. Apart from Dr Who. Usually, having the extra digital channels is more like Springsteen's "57 channels and nothing's on." I'm a very urban guy. I think the last time I spent two days in a row on a farm was 1988. So, it was good, albeit shocking at times, to see another side of British life.

- I'm off to see "Black Gold" at the Warwick Arts Centre tomorrow night, about fair trade and the global price of coffee.

- If you're not off to see it with me, Radio 4 at 8pm tomorrow, has an interesting sounding episode of File on 4: "As the death toll in Afghanistan continues to rise, Kate Clark reveals how corruption and mismanagement is threatening Hamid Karzai's government and boosting the Taleban."

No comments: