Just ran across (hat tip to Jess) a Facebook group called "You're in England ... so speak whatever language you choose!"
It's worth reprinting part of their group's page:
"Some things to ponder:
* It's nice to hear people talking in their own tongue.
* Immigrants and 'ethnics' and asylum seekers are people too! Just like me and you!
* It's nice to know that as a developed and friendly nation we can give a home to those wanting to improve the lives of themselves and their children.
* Immigration is actually good for the UK, and give it time they'll all be speaking English.
* If you hear somebody speaking a foreign language on a bus, and it makes you angry, that's your problem, and you need to be asking yourself why that is so!
* Try not to look at things with a 'us v them' mentality, you'll much happier for it."