23 September 2008

Coventry's Waste Strategy

- The film screening last night, of "The Power of Community", went well. About 20 people showed up at Pride. Meetings for Transition Earlsdon will be fortnightly, with the next one two weeks from yesterday. Jo Rathbone (02476 678735 or jorathbone@phonecoop.coop) is the person to contact. If you're interested in the wider Transition Coventry activities outside of Earlsdon, Ervin Menyhart (07850 045799 or ervinsmac@mac.com) would be the fellow to ring or email.

- I've been invited to a "Special Waste Summit" on the Coventry draft waste strategy later today at the Council House. My invitation letter tells me it's an "excellent opportunity" to have a "proactive discussion" thereby "further enhancing the consultation process." At least they'll feed me lunch. I think real consultation would be having this kind of meeting before a draft strategy is released. I want to find out how much of the "waste" budget will be devoted to reducing waste and reusing products.

- I'll also be attending the ward forum meeting tonight in Cheylesmore. It's from 7pm to 9pm, and will be at the Cheylesmore Community Centre, on Arundel Road (CV3 5JX).

No comments: